Our Blog has Moved!











Our Blog has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit

www.JustOurLittleLife.com

And please update your bookmarks!

Thanks!















Sunday, July 1, 2007

a book to read

i just finished a book that i need to read again. a book i feel i should share with every woman i know. some of you have probably read it...if not read it. the book is Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. if you do not know how God feels about you, read this book. if you do not know who you are as a woman, read this book. if you do not know that you are a lovely, beautiful, captivating woman, read this book. every woman i know is beautiful. every woman i know is lovely. every woman i know has so many amazing things to offer to this world. not every woman i know knows this about herself. i did not know this about myself. for most of my life i have been listening to the voice in my head that said i was not enough and that i was too much all at the same time. the voice that said i had little to offer, that i should stay quiet because people either did not want to hear or would not understand what i was really trying to say. that i was too much of a mess. for years i blamed myself for this voice...low self-esteem, it's my fault. you know by now who's voice i was hearing (that i'm sure some of you hear whispering in your ear those negative things about yourself). it was definately not the voice of God and as soon as i told this voice that my Savior loved me and to leave me alone....it did! all those thoughts are lies. God loves me. i am wonderful, beautiful, amazing. i have so many things to offer, especially when i am vulnerable enough to let myself out. if you are a man you are not exempt from reading this book. if you have a wife, girlfriend, sister, mother, daughter (especially if you have a daughter) read this book. i would love to know what you think if and when you read it. i got so much out of it i felt i needed to at least let people know it was out there.

2 comments:

librariane said...

I will add this to my list! It does sound like something every woman and girl should read.

~love said...

love this book! =)