Our Blog has Moved!











Our Blog has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit

www.JustOurLittleLife.com

And please update your bookmarks!

Thanks!















Saturday, November 26, 2011

today

someday soon i will leave here.  i will pack my little ones and hold my husband's hand and we will board a plane for a country far away.  a place that has been calling to us from across an ocean.  to be with little treasures who have been praying and fasting for us to come.  i will leave what i know, what i am comfortable with and i will go.  i will sell what i own and leave extended family and lifelong friends.  i will walk with my children, hand-in-hand with my husband across the red dirt and into our new home.  and we will open our lives to the things He has to teach us through the precious children who think we are there to give to them.  but you see i know better.  i have glimpsed the things He will teach us through them. of the way He will knit our family closer together because we were willing to share it with those who lost theirs. of the way they will change me and mold me and turn me toward Him.  and my simple prayer is that i can give them half of what they have already given me.

someday soon i will leave; across an ocean;  across two continents; along a red dirt road; to the place He prepared for me before He knit me together in my mother's womb; a place He prepared for my husband and my children; a place to call home; a place of blessing. it will not always be pretty.  it will not always be easy.  it will not always be comfortable.  it will not always be what we imagine.  but it will be what He intended for our family.  what He intended for our children.  and that is where i want to be ~ right where He intended me to be.

someday soon i will leave.  i will step over the last of my worries, my doubts, my hesitations and bring with me my hopes, my dreams, my heart.  i will watch as He molds me and my husband and my children.  watch as He provides and teaches and draws us closer.  watch as children from a world away teach me things ~ about life and God and myself.

someday soon i will leave.  but today is not that day.  and so today i will focus on the things before me.  today i will treasure what is here.  today i will learn the lessons He has for me now.  today i will be ~ because today is just as great a gift as my someday.

1 comment:

mummers said...

Sweetie, you got the right stuff in your heart. The kind of stuff that will enable you to live well in your someday and equally well in today. Bless you!